I’m in the home stretch! Todays marks the beginning of my third trimester.
- Movement: Baby Love moved my arm this week. It was resting on my stomach, and my arm jumped a tad. Phil was also able to feel the baby move…once…this week. So that makes two times for daddy.
- Sleep: I still get up only once during the night. However, bed is an uncomfortable place to be. I cannot find a position that feels right.
- What I miss: getting up from a chair easily. It takes a little extra effort these days.
- Cravings: Eh, still no REAL…”I’ve gotta have this now” cravings. I am liking cheese-flavored things…not cheese…fake cheese = spray cheese and the orange powder from Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Puh-lease…no real cheese for me. (Not a fan)
- Symptoms: My lower back is starting to ache if I stand too long. Also, my ankles swelled to the size of my knees on Monday. Okay, not quite that big. We had company Monday night and I was on my feet quite a bit. It wasn’t until my friend Jen said, “Good grief, sit down. Look at your ankles!” It was shocking.
- The belly button: No way it will pop before October 15. I’m starting to think it might not happen at all since there has been little movement on the moon-crater.
- Best moment this week: I can feel Baby Love much easier now. I love it!
- Biggest challenge this week: I had a moment (moments) of insanity in which I started grieving the end of the pregnancy. Yeah. I still have about 10 weeks to go…I’m mean…I’m right in the game…and I’m grieving its end. Dear Lord, keep me present! Help me to stay in the moment.
- Size: The Baby Center website claims our little one is about 2 pounds, 4 ounces. Of course, I think Baby Love is bigger than that. Wee one should be about 14. 8 inches long with the legs extended.
- Next sonogram – THIS TUESDAY…can’t wait. I’ll have actual weight and length for next week.