For this week, Baby Love is a girl. I think it’s because I got to hold and snuggle Jocelynn Rutledge (age 1 month) at church on Sunday. Then later in the week, I dreamed of the baby and SHE was definitely a girl.
Sonogram week! Well, we’ve reached the portion of pregnancy in which every week is sonogram week. See, there are some perks to type 1 diabetes! Note this dramatic pose. Baby Love has her right hand at her forehead. So cute!
- Movement: Baby Love is moving like crazy this week! Not so laid back as the previous 30 weeks! Uh oh.
- Sleep: What’s that? Nah, some nights, I do great. I get up once to go to the bathroom then back to slumber land. Then there are the nights when I wake up at midnight and fall back to sleep at 5 or so.
- What I miss: Comfort in bed. Can. Not. Get. Comfortable.
- Cravings: cornbread and milk…mixed together in a glass…yummy! I’m craving it…but have yet to make it. I dream about it. Hmmm, perhaps I should make a trip to the store.
- Symptoms: I might be nesting a bit. I keep cleaning, tidying, cleaning, tidying…finding new things that need to be cleaned…things I’ve never even noticed before…like the spots on the ceiling. Phil’s really good about helping me keep my sanity in the instances when I think I need to jump up on a chair, with bucket and rag, to clean the ceiling. I get so overwhelmed and he tells me, “Jan, do what you are doing. That’s it. Quit jumping ahead.”
- Names: Jr. – Phil uses that one quite a bit.
- Best moment this week: We saw my tummy move!!!! It was crazy and thrilling and bit gross all at once. We paused a movie to just stare at my tummy.
- Biggest challenge this week: Movement. I feel like a beached whale…and I have 7-9 weeks to go. Dear God, give me strenth!
- Size: Baby Love should be about 3 pounds 3 ounces. I’ll get an official weight this Tuesday.