Baby Love has hair! I could see it in the sonogram this week. It sticks out from the top of his head like little spikes. So cute! The technician says he has quite a bit, which is wonderfully shocking to me. I just figured I’d have a bald baby. I was bald and cannot image creating a baby with hair. I’m thrilled. Phil and I think it’s pretty funny because I hiccup from time to time, just one hic. Someone told me that is a sign that I will have a hairy baby. So everytime I hiccup, Phil exclaims, “Hairy Baby…” and wouldn’t you know it, I’m growing a hairy baby.
- Movement: Lots and lots and lots – so fun. I am loving Baby Love’s bumps and kicks and twists. I cherish ever single one of them.
- Sleep: Off and on. I take what I can get when I can get it. My friend Brooke, mom of 4, sent me a list of things to do while awake. The list includes writing a birth plan and preparing my hospital bag.
- What I miss: Well, I missed Phil this week. He was out of town on business. He makes everything in my life better, easier, sweeter.
- Cravings: Cornbread and milk (again). However, this week I actually made some…and ate some every day.
- Symptoms: HEARTBURN. So, I did some research and the following foods are poor choices for heartburn sufferers: fatty meat, tomatoes, chocolate, caffeine, corn chips, citrus, spicy food. So, Saturday night’s date-night-dinner choices were BAD…B-A-D…baaaaaaaaaaaaaad: prime rib with horseradish followed by a trip to Outback for a chocolate thunder from down under…and decaf coffee. BAAAAAAAAAD choices. Worth it? I thought it would be…alas, that’s a BIG NOOOOOO.
- Best moment this week: PHOTO SHOOT. I do not, do not, do not like to have my picture taken. Every Sunday when Phil takes my pregnancy picture for documentary purposes, it’s a battle. The things you’ll do for your kids, huh? In any case, my friend Melissa Droegemueller did a fantabulous job of putting me at ease for my maternity photo shoot. Phil and I met her at Friedrich Wilderness Park in the wildflower area. Essentially, the three of us hung out and chatted in the beauty of the morning . All the while, Melissa did her thing. I barely even noticed she was holding a camera. Can’t wait to see the results.
- Biggest challenge this week: Enduring without Phil. He does so much to encourage me and keep me going.
- Size: 4 pounds, 3 ounces! Whoa – much bigger than I had anticipated. I asked “Oh my. Is that okay? Is he getting too big?” Apparently he is still riding the average line. I’m just doing the math…if he doubles in weight by delivery, that means 8 pounds, 6 ounces. Yikes.
- Special Note: Today (which begins 32 weeks for me) is a special baby shower. Well, all baby showers are special, but this one is for my family and long-time friends. Looking forward to sharing the joy of this precious miracle with those who have traveled the road of infertility, Chuck’s illness, Chuck’s death, grief, and recovery with me…and have beheld the wonder of God’s loving hand…His loving plan…through it all.