This was my last week of work. I’m waiting for the reality of it to hit me. I am walking away from a job that I love and people whom I adore. I am walking/waddling into the unknown and I feel eerily calm about it all. Of course, it could be the exhaustion. Nonetheless, I welcome this change with a humbled and grateful heart.
- Movement: Pretty constant now. No crazy acrobatics, just steady thumps.
- Sleep: I’ve moved from the baby’s room back to our bedroom out to the love seat. I’m happiest = my body is happiest on the love seat. My body just seems to hurt in bed. I can’t reach my blanket if I kick it off. Rolling over is a big production that involves the repositioning of 4 pillows, some of which I cannot reach with any degree of ease or grace. Much weeping and gnashing of teeth. On the love seat I have two pillows and am pretty much upright with lots of back support. I just long to lie down…
- What I miss: Reclining in bed.
- Cravings: Not so much. Eating a little less that typical due to cramped stomach space.
- Symptoms: Well take a look at the photo…I’d say my #1 symptom is a PENDULOUS belly. Baby Love is getting so big and that makes me so happy. I love, love, love the look of my oh-so-swollen tummy.
- Best moment this week: Receiving a journal from my co-workers during a farewell lunch. The journal is filled with their sweet blessings and words of wisdom.
- Biggest challenge this week: Exhaustion. I’m so tired.
- Size: If calculations are correct, and Baby Love is indeed gaining 1/2 a pound a week, weight should be 6 pounds 8 ounces!
- What’s new: First, our hospital bag is almost ready…except for the birth plan. And as far as that goes, I’m starting to fret over the inevitable…this baby is coming out. Seriously, I get a bit teary thinking about being in the hospital, completely at the mercy of someone who neither knows me nor loves me. Okay, so my doctor knows me…but the nurses don’t and nurses are the FIRST line of defense. Phil and I are soooo bringing treats for our nurses….
Good grief! Just look at the size of that baby! AND I HAVE TWO MORE WEEKS TO GROW HIM!!!!