I saw my maternal-fetal specialist today. I see him EACH week, but we’re getting closer…so the visits are a bit more exciting. Here is the verdict on induction for next week:
- The baby is 7 pounds and 6 ounces. Baby Love is in the 70th percentile…so NOT too big. Yea.
- Both specialists feel comfortable inducing during my 38th week (next week) EXCEPT FOR…
- My cervix has not dilated AT ALL. When one is induced with a non-dilated cervix, one’s chances for a c-section shoot up 30%. (I’m still holding out…hoping…for a natural delivery…with lots of drugs, of course…so not so terribly natural.)
- The doctor said, “We can induce next week if you want.” (Well, OF COURSE I want…but….)
- I bravely replied, “I want to do what is best.” (Stupid thing to say…but I meant it.)
- Dr. replied, “Since all is going well, there’s not need to rush it. Let’s wait and hope your cervix cooperates.”
SOOOO, tomorrow I will meet with my ob-gyn. She’ll check my cervix. If it remains uncooperative (towards ME…not towards the baby…and this really is about the baby), then we will wait until the week of Dec. 12-16 to induce. Sigh. Unless, of course, Baby Love plans on giving Mommy and Daddy an early Christmas gift and comes with NO medical prompting.
As for prayers…this is kinda how mine goes…”Lord, more than anything I want my will to be in line with yours. But who am I kidding? We both know I want to have this baby naturally. I release this desire to you. My body is not my own. It belongs to you. I offer it and my heart to you. Give me a willing heart… (and a natural delivery). Okay, okay…a willing heart. Amen.”