I cannot believe our precious girl is one-month old!
At one month Eden:
- weighs 9 pounds, ten ounces
- measures 21 inches in length
- can hold her head up for 10 seconds.
- can eat 4 oz at a meal.
- sleeps for 4-hour stretches.
- has rolled from front to back twice! (it’s not a skill yet…just fun to watch her do it).
- blows at the end of a spit up – this completely cracks me up. I forget that she does it each time and am suprised with a spewing either on my cheek…or whatever body part is closest…tooooo adorable. (I never imagined I find being spit up on adorable.)
- practices smiling in her sleep.
- is working on her social smile.
- has very strong legs! During tummy time, she can inch herself across a throw-blanket…lengthwise.
- loves, loves, loves to be swaddled.
- has the cutest, chubbiest cheeks!
- is slow to wake up. She stretches and stretches and stretches…yawns and yawns and yawns…and pouts her lips. It takes her a good 10 minutes to really wake up. My favorite time with her is getting her out of bed. She’s so cute and cuddly…especially with those pouty lips.
- has bright, slate-blue eyes. (There seems to be an intricate pattern developing. I think it indicates her eyes will change to hazel…we’ll see.)
- show’s signs that she is an introvert. She studies people very intently. I would call her pensive. She gets a bit cranky after having been in social situations for too long (just like me!)
- is a delight to me and Phil (and all who meet her.)