Dearest, precious Eden,
Your father and I stood before friends and family on Sunday evening, May 27, 2012 – the day before Memorial Day – professing our desire to raise you in the knowledge and admiration of the Lord. In preparing for this moment, we were encouraged to write a letter, telling you what we want you to become. My first thought was, “I want Eden to become Eden.” And that, sweet daughter, is my pledge to you – to honor God by guiding you in your discovery of His design for you and your life.
Here are some additional thoughts from me and Dear Old Dad:
We want Eden:
- to know Jesus as her savior.
- to center her life on Christ.
- to know her spiritual gifts and to use them faithfully.
- to laugh often and well.
- to enjoy life.
- to pursue her God-given passions.
- to be modest.
- to be pure in mind and body.
- to love and appreciate nature.
- to be wise and discerning.
- to be brave.
- to be gentle.
- to be kind.
- to be honest.
- to be salt and light.
- to live with integrity.
- to have a biblical understanding of finances.
This list is a work in progress…as are you, my sweet…as am I! We love you so dearly,
Mom and Dad