Dearest, precious Denver,
Exactly three years ago, we dedicated your sister Eden. Today, your father and I stood before friends and family on Sunday evening, May 24, 2015 – the day before Memorial Day – professing our desire to raise you in the knowledge and admiration of the Lord. In preparing for this moment, we were encouraged to write a letter, telling you what we want you to become. Well Denver, I want you to become you. And that, sweet daughter, is my pledge to you – to honor God by guiding you in your discovery of His design for you and your life.
Here are some additional thoughts from me and Dear Old Dad:
We want you, dearest Denver:
- to know your need for a savior
- to accept Jesus as your savior.
- to center your life on Christ.
- to know your spiritual gifts and to use them faithfully.
- to laugh often and well.
- to be a light of hope and healing.
- to know and pursue your God-given passions.
- to be pure in mind and body.
- to love and appreciate nature.
- to be wise and discerning.
- to be brave.
- to be gentle.
- to be kind.
- to be honest.
- to live with integrity.
- to have a biblical understanding of finances.
- to respond in grace rather than judgment.
- to value family.
- to pursue simplicity.
- to love and honor your birth family.
This list is a work in progress…as are you, my sweet. We love you so dearly,
Mom and Dad