Eden has hit that sweet spot…quoting lines from movies…developing a sense of humor. Love! Her favorite movie currently is Shrek…so I’m in a little bit of heaven. It does not get much better than that. And yet, the girl far exceeds…she is such a source of joy. She is totally and completely herself…uninhibited and silly.
At three years and eleven months, Eden:
- had her first friend-sleepover. McKenzie stayed with us and Eden was in heaven.
- says “I promise” a lot…lots and lots of promises.
- holds her nose when she poops. Kinda cute.
- says the funniest things. She was on a walk with Phil and declared, “Home speed ahead!”
- recognizes her right from her left. (I still have to think really hard about that one!)
- used a tape measure on our couch. She determined that one of the cushions was 500 pounds.
- can be a pill. When Phil asked Eden if she enjoyed the special lunch I made for her, Eden replied, “Not at all.” Good thing she’s cute.
- attended her first hot air balloon festival. It was a bit of a flop, but she didn’t know that. We saw one balloon inflate and float away. That one lonely balloon was thrilling!
- was Elsa for Halloween, but only because she finally had to make a choice. She changed her mind everyday…and we have lots of dress up clothes, so that only made it harder to pick. Her second choice was a mean kitty. Maybe next year she can be a mean kitty.
- is very doting. She likes to walk Denver into class and make sure she has everything she needs. It is just precious.
- has discovered Octonauts…and loves it. She wants me to sing”Creature Report” over and over.
- watched Shrek for the first time. She has a few favorite lines…her favorite being, “You are going the right way for a smacked bottom.” Oi.
- is making buddies at school. Her newest buddy is Gracie. (I am new to the whole concept of how a child makes and keeps friends while growing up in a big city. Any tips from city-dwellers are welcome. I grew up in a small town…so the friends I made at 3 were the friends I grew up with and graduated with! I am hoping to keep that kind of thing going for Eden.)
- wants to have friends over all the time…or over for dinner. We try to have a dinner guest once a week and we host life group every Sunday. This keeps her pretty happy. The highlight of this past month was a garage sale. We had a garage sale and Eden was in heaven…greeting all the “friends” who came over to our house. Sweetie girl.