Just one month shy of two, yet with the wit and wisdom of one MUCH older. This girl never ceases to amaze me with her fearless ambitions. I have rarely seen anyone move forward toward a goal with such unwavering faith that it will be accomplished. Whew. She keeps me on my toes!
At twenty-three months, Chick Pea:
- loves to wipe up messes. This comes in handy around here. She’ll look at me, with a rag in hand, “Clean?” Oh yes, baby girl, you knock yourself out.
- has caught the Paw Patrol frenzy that exists within our wall. Though it sounds like “Bubbles,” the girl is saying “Paw Patrol.” No doubt.
- brushes her hair…just like the big girls. (I adore how proud she is to be just like Eden and Denver.)
- says “Good night” with absolute clarity.
- can count. It goes something like this, “two, free, bap!”
- says “thank you,” of her own accord. Sweetie girl.
- loves our new dog, Lady. Perhaps because Lady will let Chick Pea love on her…or more accurately, because I let her love on Lady. Sadly, I often find myself limiting Chick’s affections on others…cause girl likes to smother the baby…and poke at her eyes…so I’m forever saying, “Gentle, Chick Pea. Don’t hurt the baby.” But Lady is gentle enough, yet sturdy enough to happily endure Chick’s affections. Lady is going to be sooooo good for our girl.
- throws the ball at the dogs to play fetch. It’s awfully cute.
- likes to wear panties…over her clothes.
- calls animal crackers “baubbs.” Funny how some words are crystal clear and others are garbled.
- can sign so many words…I’ve lost count. Smarty pants can remember just about any sign she’s ever seen…even if only once. I would put her sign vocabulary right around 200 words. BOOM.