The girl is on fire! She wants to get up and go, go, go with her older sisters. On top of that, I highly suspect she…much like her beloved Eden…is an extrovert. Though my snuggly-wuggly wee babe has been replaced with this go-getter, Sweet Pea has retained her sweet, gentle, contented yumminess. Everything she does feeds my soul with such peace and joy.
At eight months, Sweet Pea:
- sits up. All on her own. Just like she’s been doing it her whole life. Oy.
- wants to play ALL day. She down to only two good naps a day. And so it begins…or rather, ends.
- holds her own bottle.
- experienced her first camping trip. She happily played out in the “woods,” mouthing sticks, rocks…any bit of nature she could grasp in those beautifully chubby hands.
- eats crackers. Sniff, sniff. Crackers. There’s no turning back now.
- takes a bath in the bathtub now. Oh, this girl! Soooo fast! She’s growing up so fast!!
- says “dah-dah-dah,” which is great and all. And to be fair, it was her first utterance. But hearing “muh-muh-muh-muh” makes me giddy. Giddy.
- is everywhere! She is officially crawling. And nothing is beyond her. Sigh.
- can drink from a sippy cup.
- lights up the room…not only with her smile, but with her sweet spirit.