My heart bursts watching Eden. She’s intense. She’s tenacious. She’s full of love and wonder…with no reservations about expressing herself.
And now, the many faces of Eden:
At four years and ten months, Eden:
- likes to concentrate on tasks, “Shhh! I’m working.”
- is fiercely loyal. She told Den, “I’ll always be there for you.” And she will be.
- enjoyed RV camping! Her favorite part was the potty. (I think that was everyone’s favorite.) “Mom, it would be so fun if I could go potty while Dad drives.” Yep. It’s the little things.
- found and held her first frog while camping. It was a small brown frog. She was enraptured.
- feeds and dotes on Sweet Pea. She loves to hold her…and tries to carry her…and I try to let her without panicking.
- is developing a wit that makes me swoon. Recently, she was pretending to be a cat and I asked her what her name was. “My name is…wait for it…wait for it…CHLOE.” (Ah yes, the name she always chooses. Why Chloe? Who knows? I bet her firstborn girl will be named Chloe.)
- has taken the lead on caring for Lady. They are smitten with each other. (Well, sometimes Lady is a bit fearful of Eden’s tenacious love.) They go everywhere together. Lady loves to snuggle, which is just fine with Eden! These two are developing a beautiful relationship.
- gave Sweet Pea a bath.
- loves and wants to house every stray dog we come across, “But, Mom! That dog has no home. We have to take it home and take care of it.”
- calms Clancy, our dog, with a gentle, “Easy, Clance. Easy.”
- is learning that, and I quote, “Only MY grown ups can see me naked, not the visiting ones.” We’re getting there!
- loved having “Daddy’s brother” visit.